Thursday, September 13, 2012

Clara Schumann



          Clara Schumann ( 13 September 1819 - 20 May 1896 ) was a German musician and composer, considered one of the most distinguished pianist of Romantic era. She exerted her influence over a 16 years concert career, changing the format the repertoire of the piano recital and the tastes of the listening public. Her husband was the composer Robert Schumann. She and her husband encouraged Johannes Brahms, and she was the first pianist to give public performances of some of Brahms' work, notably the Variations and Fugue on a Theme by Handel.

         Clara Schumann Quotes 



My imagination can picture or fairer happiness than to continue living for art.

I do not want horses or diamonds, I am happy in possessing you.

Why hurry beautiful things ? Why not linger and enjoy them ?

Treasures are no longer to be got by instrumental art.

There is nothings greater than the joy of composing somethings oneself and then listening to it.

The tea is ice-cold, the rooms grows colder and colder, but I grows warmer and warmer.

My health may be better preserved if I exert myself less, but in the end doesn't each person give his life for his calling ?

Is an artist much more than a beggar ?

If I have knows much trouble in my youth, I have also knows much joy.

I wish to lead a life free from care, and I see that I shall be unhappy if I cannot always work my art.

I can not give a single concert at which I do not play one piece after the other in an agony of terror because my memory threatens to fail me. This fear torments me for days beforehand.

I cannot be so bad when everybody is so found of me.

Every man has his faults ; I have and so have you - you will allow to say so.




By Brainy Quotes 
By Wikipedia 

     

2 comments:

  1. Today (Thursday, 13th September, 2012) Google is showing a Doodle for marking the 193rd Birthday of Clara Schumann, a German musician and composer.

    ReplyDelete